Open Position: Senior Estimator
- Prepare detailed accurate material, labor, equipment, subcontracts, etc. estimates.
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review and analyze subcontractor quotes for best value.
- Prepares properly qualified and clarified conceptual budgets based on minimal information.
- Prepare project bid status reports and ensure compliance with all specifications and contract Statements of Work and Bid Invitations.
- List comprehensive estimate with detailed line items appropriate for the scope of work of each project.
- Present cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions.
- Solicit accurate pricing from qualified subcontractor/vendors/suppliers to ensure adequate competitive coverage of each estimate line item.
- Participate in meeting with project management team to prepare any successful estimates for construction.
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and inputs project schedules, perform quantity take-offs using On-Screen Take-off (OST), prepare cost summary sheets, and input quantities into estimating software.
- Submit proposal in a professional manner and in timeframe and format required. Include scope of work clarifications document to clarify any relevant information not clarified in the bid documents.
- Maintain an accurate, and current database cost codes of accounts for historical data.
- Review Company jobs and compare on a timely basis to as-built estimates to confirm accuracy of estimate.
- Utilize the appropriate company and industry historical data for pricing estimates.
- Identify and appropriately mitigate risk associated with the business of preconstruction.
- Manages the effective standardization, organization, preparation, and proper distribution/submission of preconstruction solicitations, qualification submissions, company information, and other preconstruction-related correspondence associated with projects assigned to this role, both upstream and downstream, on behalf of the company.
- Ensures the flow of preconstruction information internally and externally is maintained and documented.
- Communicates and stays abreast of the latest information, both internally and externally, that affects all aspects of cost used to prepare preconstruction estimates and correspondence.
- Participate in evaluating, hiring, managing, and terminating estimating staff assigned to report to this position.
- Coordinate with other management and senior level positions within the company to share information, ensure streamlined across departments, and achieve business plan of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent
- Civil Engineering, or related field
- 2 years’ professional experience in construction cost estimating to include Revit, AutoCAD, On-Screen Takeoff, Timberline Estimating and Project Management, Building Information Modeling (BIM), RSMeans, and Bluebeam.
Travel Requirement: visit local construction sites on a weekly basis.
If interested in this position please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org